Thursday, November 8, 2012

Whole 30 - Day 6

Sleep: 8 hours, interrupted

Exercise: 40 minutes of intramural volleyball (not strenuous at all)

Food:
Breakfast: 1 leftover turkey burger slider
Lunch: Chicken fajitas with fresh salsa & avocado
Dinner: Leftover crockpot chicken tikka masala
Second Dinner: 4 chicken tenders (breaded with almond & coconut flour), 4 leftover crockpot turkey meatballs with guac (it's not as gross as it sounds! Quite tasty, actually), 1 grass-fed/nitrate-free beef hotdog, roasted carrot "fries"

Mood: Stressed... lots of work to do, no time to do it!


After being on the Whole30 for a few days, this is when cravings and things start to kick in... I've noticed that I've been craving snacks, especially at night. Had the urge to reach for the last bite of almond butter.  Found out that roasted carrot "fries" helped me get by... perhaps I will roast more veggies from now on.  By keeping a food log, looks like I eat a ton of protein and not enough veggies.  I don't have too many veggies in my fridge - I will have to remedy this from now on, stat! Also, been craving pizza. Not sure if paleo pizza tastes any good, but I will see if I can come up with a recipe and see if it does the trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment