Honey BBQ Chipotle Chicken
Served with a side of roasted zucchini, paleo pigs on a blanket, and a paleo apple cake dessert (recipe forthcoming)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 tbsp chipotle powder, separated
4 tsp cumin, separated
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 c tomato puree
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
1 avocado, sliced
Shredded cheddar cheese, optional (omit for paleo)
4 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Pour coconut oil into pan.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tbsp chipotle powder, 2 tsp cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Saute until all sides are cooked. Place on a plate off to the side.
3. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of coconut oil. Saute minced garlic until begins to brown. Add 1 tbsp chipotle and 2 tsp cumin. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomato puree. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in vinegar, honey, and tamari.
6. Add chicken and cheese (if using). Toss until everything is thoroughly combined, chicken is heated, and cheese melts.
7. Slice avocado on your plate and place chicken on top.
8. Devour!!! There were no leftovers here :)