Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crockpot Time!!!

Cold winter days and long, tiring school days mean one thing: it's crockpot time!!! Love coming out of the cold to a hot meal waiting for me :) Plus, I'm usually hungry when I get home so it's nice to not have to cook when I walk in the door.

One of my favorite things to make is pulled pork. All you need to do is sprinkle some seasonings on the meat and you're good to go. I toss the whole spice rack in, but it's really the cumin, (smoked) paprika, and chipotle seasoning that make this pork. To make it complete, healthier and heartier, I add some veggies but one could certainly skip this. It's super easy and super delicious... why WOULDN'T you want to make it?! Don't say because it's the summer or hot wherever you are (totally jealous, by the way) because pulled pork is not just a winter thing, though I find that I crockpot more in the winter... #crockpottime

Crockpot Pulled Pork



INGREDIENTS
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
3 lb pork roast
Chipotle seasoning
Cumin
Smoked paprika (regular paprika would also work)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Parsley
Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper
Pinch of ginger

DIRECTIONS
1. Put sliced onion & pepper on the bottom of your crockpot.
2. Liberally season pork with all your spices then put on top on veggies.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Use two forks to shred the pork.
5. Serve with some jus from the crockpot. EAT UP!!!

 Note: For more of a BBQ taste, simply pour your BBQ sauce over the pork and let it slow cook together.

No comments:

Post a Comment